As I said in the bio, it all started in choirs, then glee clubs, and many musicals at Stanford.
When I was doing Broadway plays, I sang in clubs and saloons in the Village. When I gave up acting, I went silent for a long time while trying to be a writer.
Then fate threw Brooke Astor at me, and I performed at her 94th Birthday Party. Luckily I’d stumbled over David Lewis, a sublime musical director who improved everything about our gigs, including me. We performed in a long series of private parties and fundraisers at which I had more fun than any one else.
- Sleeping Bee / 0:20-2:42
- You Make Me Feel So Young / 2:47-4:24
- Firefly / 5:00-7:30
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes / 7:35-9:37
- It’s Alright with Me / 9:42-11-47
- Our Love is Here to Stay / 11:55-13:40
- From This Moment On / 14:30-16-05